Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access RigShare (“Users”).
What Information Does RigShare Collect?
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers ), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
- When signing up, you will provide an email address and select a username and password for your account
- You will also provide information for your user profile, like name and phone number. This information will be used for private purposes only, like for connecting with friends.
- User content in the form of comments, posts, and user activity data
- Communications between you and RigShare, which include any Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of RigShare, technical and security notices). You cannot opt out of Service-related emails.
Connecting with your friends on RigShare:
- You can find and connect with your friends on RigShare by:
- Using your contacts list
- Using a connected third party social media sites (such as Facebook)
- Or use the RigShare app to search names to see if your friends are already on RigShare
- Note: The user agrees to take responsibility for any and all charges for communications that may be incurred for inviting friends to the RigShare app.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for RigShare. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving RigShare. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the web page or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When using RigShare, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on RigShare, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of RigShare.
- When you use a mobile device, like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by RigShare.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use RigShare. This data may help us, as well as others, to provide reports or personalized content and ads. If device identifiers are unavailable or disabled, this may cause some features of RigShare to not function properly.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
How Does RigShare Use Your Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit RigShare;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of RigShare
- development and testing of new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix problems in technology (bug fixes)
- Perform automatic updates of the RigShare app on your device
Sharing Your Information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside RigShare and/or related parties without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that RigShare is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve RigShare (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide RigShare to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide RigShare under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site and app. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to RigShare, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on RigShare, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users and subject to use under our RigShare API.
- If you remove information that you posted to RigShare, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
How We Store Your Information
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through RigShare may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which RigShare, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- RigShare, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through RigShare secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, RigShare cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to RigShare or guarantee that information on RigShare may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and RigShare, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to RigShare make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
Your Choices About Your Information
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of RigShare, technical and security notices) are all mandatory to receive and you cannot unsubscribe from them.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, RigShare, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
RigShare does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for RigShare. RigShare and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
Other Websites & Services
How To Contact Us About A Deceased User
In the event of the death of an RigShare User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
How To Contact Us